Choosing the right roller blinds for your home will give a clean, minimalist style and help to manage heat and light throughout the day. Keeping your windows covered in the height of the summer and the coolness of winter, will help to reduce energy loss and reduce your power bills.
Roller blinds can be customised to a specific size and colour and even be made in varying fabrics to give a unique texture or look.
Points to Consider When Choosing the Perfect Roller Blind
Custom made roller blinds can be used in any room in your home to give privacy and different degrees of insulation and light filtration. In your bedrooms you’ll probably want to use a complete block out fabric, to allow you to sleep in on those sunny mornings. In the kitchen and living area, you may want to use a translucent and protective sunscreen fabric that’ll block out light, protect you from the harmful sun’s rays but not cause a complete black out so you can go about daily tasks.
Select from a range of colours, patterns and materials for your roller blinds. You could choose cool contemporary whites and creams for the living area and maybe go a little more adventurous in the bedrooms with splashes of greens, blues or even yellow! Whatever style you have in mind, Affordable Shutters and Blinds can guide to the right one for you.
How to Pick the Right Roller Blind
There are a few things to consider when choosing the perfect roller blind. Getting the right one for your home will accentuate your decor and add functionality.
- The style of your room. If you’re going for a cool contemporary look, choose fresh whites, creams or soft greys that will mix easily with your other decor. If you want to create a bit more energy like in an office or kitchen, something bolder like a yellow or striking blue could do the job.
- Cordless or corded blinds. A hanging cord is not great to have around if you have young kids or pets in the home. Our cords have toggles that come apart under pressure and have cleats mounted to the wall to wrap the cords away from children
- Blackout or brightness. Blackout blinds are great for nurseries, bedrooms and entertainment rooms. Most Blockout blinds are 100% polyester and are dust, mould, fade resistant and easy to care for. Viewscreens are made up of polyester and polyester on vinyl making them easy to care for. In some rooms you might still want to have the blind down for privacy, but still have a little light to see what you’re doing. You could opt for a sectional blind which can be hung at varying heights to allow light in at the top, or select a translucent material.
- Mechanised or hand operated. Mechanised could be the best option if you have particularly large windows and don’t want the hassle of manually rolling it up and down. Hand operated could be a more budget option and slightly easier to maintain if that’s important to you.
- Material for the roller blind. Each room has different uses and will suit a varying material for your blind. In bathrooms and kitchens, vinyl could be a good option as you can easily clean off moisture and grime build up. Wooden and aluminum blinds are great choices for living areas and bedrooms where you may want a more contemporary, luxurious feel.